Portland, OR ENT
Welcome to Northwest ENT & Allergy
At Northwest ENT & Allergy, we recognize that you have a choice when it comes to your preferred ear, nose and throat specialist (known as an otolaryngologist). That's why we want you to be as informed as possible about our practice, related health issues, and available treatment options. We've created this information-rich website to give you 24/7 access to an array of the most common ENT, allergy, and sleep topics. The more you know, the more comfortable we hope you and your family will be with our team.
The staff and providers at Northwest ENT and Allergy welcome you to our practice, and we look forward to helping you and your family preserve a lifetime of good health. We also invite you to email or call our Portland or Milwaukie office at any time to request an appointment or ask any questions.
Doctor and Practice Overview:
We specialize in comprehensive medical and surgical care for a wide variety of ear, nose and throat disorders. Our founding physician, Adrian Varela, MD, FAAOA, is board certified in otolaryngology and sleep medicine. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy. He and his staff strive to combine friendly, high-quality care for patients of all ages.
We now have two locations to better serve our community, in Milwaukie we are located in the Healing place on the campus of Providence Milwaukie Hospital and Portland on the campus of Legacy Emanuel Hospital. We allow generous appointment times to ensure that our patients do not feel hurried during their visit. Our modern facilities, state -of-the-art equipment and electronic medical recods system help ensure safe and efficient patient care.
We accept every major insurance plan, as well as CareCredit® and uninsured patients.
To Northwest ENT & Allergy patients and families:
Dr. Adrian Varela and Dr. Susan Nguyen are excited to announce the addition of Dr. Andrew Baker to our Practice.
As Oregon begins to relax Covid-related restrictions, we would like to update you on safety measures we are putting in place to accommodate non-urgent clinic visits.
- Patients will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms upon entry to our Legacy Emanuel location.
- All patients must wear masks while in our office. Providers and staff will wear masks during patient encounters.
- Space is limited in our lobby at both locations to allow 6 feet of distance between individuals waiting.
- New patients must complete paperwork ahead of time via online portal or print at home. Otherwise, you must arrive 30 minutes before the visit to complete in office.
- Please try to limit the amout of people accompanying you to visit to one; some exceptions will be made for certain circumstances.
- All surfaces in patient care areas are cleaned thoroughly after each visit.
- HEPA air scrubbers are placed in each exam room.
- Telemedicine appointments will still be available for higher risk patients and for routine follow up issues (like test results, etc).