Portland, OR ENT
Welcome to Northwest ENT & Allergy
At Northwest ENT & Allergy, we recognize that you have a choice when it comes to your preferred ear, nose and throat specialist (known as an otolaryngologist). That's why we want you to be as informed as possible about our practice, related health issues, and available treatment options. We've created this information-rich website to give you 24/7 access to an array of the most common ENT, allergy, and sleep topics. The more you know, the more comfortable we hope you and your family will be with our team.
The staff and providers at Northwest ENT and Allergy welcome you to our practice, and we look forward to helping you and your family preserve a lifetime of good health. We also invite you to email or call our Portland or Milwaukie office at any time to request an appointment or ask any questions.
Doctor and Practice Overview:
We specialize in comprehensive medical and surgical care for a wide variety of ear, nose and throat disorders. Our founding physician, Adrian Varela, MD, FAAOA, is board certified in otolaryngology and sleep medicine. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy. He and his staff strive to combine friendly, high-quality care for patients of all ages.
We now have two location to better sever our community, in Milwaukie we are located in the Healing place on the campus of Providence Milwaukie Hospital and Portland on the campus of Legacy Emanuel Hospital. We allow generous appointment times to ensure that our patients do not feel hurried during their visit. Our modern facilities, state -of-the-art equipment and electronic medical recods system help ensure safe and efficient patient care.
We accept every major insurance plan, as well as CareCredit® and uninsured patients.
To Northwest ENT & Allergy patients and families:
As Oregon begins to relax Covid-related restrictions, we would like to update you on safety measures we are putting in place to accommodate non-urgent clinic visits.
- Patients will be screened with temperature check and for Covid-19 symptoms upon entry to either of our clinic buildings.
- All patients must wear masks and gloves while in our office. Providers and staff will wear masks during patient encounters.
- No patients will stay in our waiting room. Someone will bring you straight back to the exam room.
- There will be a maximum of 1 patient visit per half hour in the office.
- New patients must complete paperwork ahead of time via online portal or print at home. Otherwise, you must arrive 30 minutes before the visit and complete it in your car.
- Only the patient is allowed in the office. For children and adult patients who require a caretaker, one adult may accompany the patient.
- All surfaces in patient care areas are cleaned thoroughly after each visit.
- HEPA air scrubbers are placed in each exam room.
- Staff will determine a Covid risk score for every patient. Low and medium risk patients can be seen without virtual visits first.
- . Telemedicine appointments will still be available for higher risk patients and for routine follow up issues (like test results, etc).